On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Darrell May wrote:

> Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > and I wonder why you have a separate panel, rather than offering a new
> > option in the domains panel.
>
> Personally I prefer to avoid, if at all possible, changing anything e-smith
> that is already in place.

If something is broken, we're very happy for you to send us a patch, and
you are at liberty to post a patched version of your own.

> The only reason I changed the e-smith-proxypass rpm was as follows:
>
> 1) it was a simple 'stand-alone' command-line rpm
> 2) it was not in useage by the server-manager or anywhere else that I could
> see
> 3) it needed a very minor tweak or two to conform more to the Apache
> directive and make the panel easier

You suggest here (I think) that there is a bug in the Apache template
fragment. If you find that to be the case, you should 1) inform
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and 2)  send a patch to [EMAIL PROTECTED] You are also at
liberty to post your own bug-fixed RPM.

> Adding to the virtualdomains panel would mean I'm now forking/patching two
> rpms.

That's OK. You're free to do that. You should, of course, send your patch
back to the original authors, explaining why you think it is a good
change.

> Alternately I could abandon the e-smith-proxypass rpm and make this into a
> completely separate dmc-mitel-proxypass rpm that uses a templates-custom
> fragement.  Would everyone prefer this?

No, templates-custom is for end users.

IMO what you should do is restrict your e-smith-proxypass change to the
small bug fix change to the template fragment, and make a new RPM
containing the proxypass panel.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175