Jaime Nebrera Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> But I have a doubt, would this solution scan for the viruses before
> actuall delivery?

I guess it depends on the antivirus solution.  I would expect most of the
well known commercial antivirus solutions would not be effected and scan
prior to delivery/forwarding.

Also, unless you add an antivirus solution to all your subdomain servers,
you would need to point all subdomain servers to use the main server for all
SMTP outbound.  This is so that outbound mail will be scanned by the main
server and not sent directly by the subdomain server bypassing antivirus
scanning.  Don't know how you would do this one :-(

Personally I would recommend having an antivirus solution on each separate
office server.  This provides scanning on a per server basis, load
balancing, fauly redundancy and protects your individual servers from direct
Internet to subdomain incoming e-mail.  This is a typical spammer and
antivirus tactic.  You can block this type of attempt with <SME5.5 via
obtuse_smtpd.  I do not know how this may be done on >=SME5.5.

Anyone know how to restrict incoming smtp to one source on >=SME5.5?

Also I think you may be better served by simply creating all the user
accounts on the main server and using the built-in forwarding feature for
forwarding to the appropriate subdomain server.  Nothing more needed to
accomplish this.

Just my thoughts...

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com