Hi Laurent,

> I saw a message in the "General discussion" forum saying that mitel has
> released 5.6 to their clients.

  Mitel has done this with other releases, they first give it to "pay
customers" and "partners" and later on, they make it available for
downloading. Expect like a month or two for public downloading (this is just
my estimate, not Mitel's :)))

> I have a simple question : does SME 5.6
> still a GPL licence softtware or Mitel has decided to keep the source for
> them ? If it's no more a source free server, does anybody know a equivalent
> server under GPL?

  Just be patient, yes, we would all like them to publish some kind of road
map and expected release times, but they dont, and as you get this for free,
just accept it and wait a while. In the meantime you can play with 5.6b7.

  About other GPL products, the closest I know of is Clarkconnect or EnGarde,
but they seem more limited than E-Smith, even when EnGarde is perfect for
hosting.

  Regards.

--
Jaime Nebrera Herrera