On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 04:41:44PM -0600, Ryan Duffner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> [...]
> And before I get some flame response,
> I am not criticizing e-smith's decision to withhold the final iso, but
> am rather curious if that is legal under terms of GPL.
> [...]

It's not a matter of us withholding the GPL release - we are busy and
haven't had time to do that final GPL ISO. The changes from 5.6beta7 to
the final versions of the GPL packages are minor, with the exception of
the ones we have already released as updates.

We are required to release the source to the GPL components (technically
in a manner of our choosing - see the GPL for details). We are not
required to package those as an ISO image, though we do intend to do so.

Gordon
--
 Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Director, Engineering