i concur strongely, a very large part of the freenet userbase is going to be semi technical users who are using high bandwidth connections like dsl, and hence are natted. probably not a good idea to cut this population out of the freenet node pool.

-josh

Mark J Roberts wrote:

Matthew Toseland:

It would help in a few corner cases... but you'd still need to set up a
port forward, so it doesn't seem worthwhile for that. And "next release"
means 0.5.2, right?

But even clients need to configure port forwarding in order to reliably receive replies.

We should _not_ make a large number of users--those with NATed
nodes on DSL/cable connections--have to configure complicated DNS
services. Because they probably won't do it right, if they do it at
all.

This is an important bugfix. If anything should be added to 0.5.1,
this is it. There's no point I can see in delaying.