Dave Hooper wrote:
Yes.  Which is why I refuse to revert to the old installer (although nothing
is stopping anyone else with cvs and sftp access from doing this).
The issue that Sun pointed to me as in breach was that we were hosting in
its entirety the Sun JRE on our server, in a publicly accessible folder to
which we were directing ALL of our potential users.

I took it as given that we would put the JRE in an obscure non-listable folder, surely you didn't think that I was proposing we didn't change anything? How hard can it be to change the download URL in the installer?

Hence my comment a few moments ago about making the installer get the JRE
from Sun's servers rather than ours.

If it can do this as transparently and reliably as it gets the installer from Freenet's servers (ie. no click through agreements etc) then fine.

Ian.