[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
1.  Freenet installer asks where the Freenet software should be installed
2.  Freenet installer asks separately where shared system files should be
installed
3.  If Java not detected, the Freenet installer uses that second path to
install Java using Sun's online installer?

I think it is always good practice to keep the number of questions a user must answer to the absolute minimum. If necessary allow a user to opt out of something by unchecking a check box, but don't force them to answer a question (as the current installer does with those ugly dialogs which should really be checkboxes).

With this in mind, 1 is somewhat redundant, why would they download the installer if they didn't want to install Freenet. 3 is probably bad, there is a standard place to put Java, we shouldn't default to putting it somewhere else.

Ian.