Ok, I don't really have any time to do this, but I'm updating the build
instructions for the windows installer.  One step at a time.

Now:
Install NSIS
Install upx for windows (even if you already have it for cygwin)
Make sure your makensis.exe and upx/bin/upx.exe paths are in %PATH%
Run build.bat from Contrib/wininstall

The build process combines three license agreements (Sun's, GNUs and a
Freenet header) so that the user may accept all (or none, I guess).  The
text of the header follows:

Freenet is open source and developed by a hard working and underpaid group
of individuals.
For details visit http://freenetproject.org
Portions of Freenet for Windows are covered by the following licenses.
GNU General Public License
Sun Microsystems, Inc Binary Code License Agreement

Acknowledgement of this statement implies acknowledgement of the following
licenses.
The full text of each of these licenses are reproduced below.