> I think we should emphasize that Freenet is GPLed and the user CAN give it
> away. Besides the user does not have to accept the GPL to run the program.

True.  Although that's not conveyed in the current installer either, which
has the user 'accept' the GPL before installing Freenet.

> Why not just say:
>
> Freenet is an open source and freely redistributable program developed by
> hard working and underpaid group of individuals. For details visit
> http://freenetproject.
>
> There are no restrictions on your use or redistribution of Freenet itself.
For
> other restrictions see GPL.txt in the program directory. Freenet depends
on
> Sun Microsystems' JAVA tm. Therefor acknowledgment of this statement
implies
> acknowledgment of their Binary Code License Agreement. The full text of
this
> license follows.

I'd probably replace that second "Freenet" with "Freenet for Windows" to
clarify that point.  But not requiring the user to accept the GPL before
installing Freenet makes sense (I'm not sure why it was the way it was
before).