On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 3:26 AM, <nextg...@freenetproject.org> wrote:

> That's far from the only danger...
>
> If we make "building freenet" depend on "running freenet" to "download
> freenet over freenet", I'd like someone to explain to me how it can work
> without trusting someone else's binaries.

Can you explain to me how anyone can use a modern computer for anything
without trusting someone else's binaries?  Let's live in reality here.

Regardless, the top priority (as far as this part of the discussion is
concerned) is to migrate the project over to a modern build system, most
likely Gradle.  Support for downloading dependencies from Freenet (or
through Tor) would be nice but should be way down the list of priorities.

Ian.