Am Dienstag, 13. Oktober 2015, 10:13:07 schrieb Ian:
> Can you explain to me how anyone can use a modern computer for anything
> without trusting someone else's binaries?  Let's live in reality here.

Gentoo GNU/Linux builds everything from source, and once gcc is
bootstrapped and the stage3-files are rebuilt, only source packages
get downloaded. For several years my jdk (icedtea 6 back then) was
built using gcj.

So this is possible right now (I use Gentoo at home and at work), and
not even inconvenient if you have a desktop system which runs anyway
(then the compile times don’t matter).

Best wishes,
Arne