Hi Everyone,
    It's been a week without any objections to the dates.

Therefore, the hackathon will be December 19-20th.

The topic remains an open discussion, however.

Arne proposed Winterface, which I am interested in. However, I do have
some questions:

- How many people really know the Winterface code base well enough to
help us newbies keep moving?
- Is it more useful to work on FProxy's UI or Winterface in the medium term?
     * Can anyone comment about the merits of working on Winterface
versus removing warts from FProxy's UI from a "utility" perspective?
In other words, is the core team open to "blessing" Winterface in some
fashion if it became polished enough? If Winterface, for one reason or
another, is doomed to remain an experimental plugin for the
foreseeable future, perhaps it's more useful to shave warts off of
FProxy's UI?

It sounds like there are a number of veterans interested in hacking on
various projects that interest them. So long as there are veterans
around who are knowledgeable about the code us newbies will be
touching, I'm just happy that people will be hacking.

Announcement Wording
===========

I'd like to advertise the hackathon on freenetproject.org. Assuming
the appropriate project leaders approve of this, my first pass of the
text is:

The Freenet Project is holding a hackathon the weekend of December
19th and 20th.
The hackathon is open to developers of all skill levels, and will be held
remotely over [IRC](help.html#irc) as well as on Freenet's anonymous IRC
system, FLIP (link?).

If you would like to participate, please let us know (HOW?), and
suggest a topic to
hack on. On Friday, December 18th, we would like for all participants to
sign up on the Bug Tracker (?), have Freenet installed, and be ready
for the hackathon!

Of course, feel free to join us on our [Mailing
List](https://emu.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devl) or
on [IRC](help.html#irc) any time and introduce yourself.

-----

Problems with the above:

- General wording is awkward
- What contact methods should be listed for RSVP? (Contact on ML only?)
- If Winterface ends up being the topic, should anyone sign up for the
bug tracker?

Finally, should phrasing this announcement be coordinated off-list?

Thanks everyone and cheers,
Dan