On Saturday, November 07, 2015 05:47:56 PM Ian wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 5:38 PM, xor <x...@freenetproject.org> wrote:
> > Together with the idea "a darknet-thing should have a dark website to make
> > users feel like they did find the darknet", I'd hope we can move on to
> > working
> > on other stuff for a while?
>
> I can't agree.  The research tells us that light on dark is bad.

4th of 20 combinations, i.e. top 20%, isn't exactly "bad", is it?

It's sub-perfect for sure. But does it justify ditching the volunteer's work
*after* they're finished already?
If this criticism came during the testing period, I would have supported it!
But "top 20% is not enough" is too much for after deployment of volunteer
work, isn't it?

We can conclude that we accept yet another site remake if another volunteer
offers one, but we can't force them.
And me, well, I'm a Java programmer, not a HTML/CSS/JS wizard. It would cost
very much time=money for me to get to the point where I could remake it; and
that time would be a huge distraction of my actual job of getting more Freenet
applications usable ...

> We've had
> direct feedback on the current design supporting this.  We also have the
> fact that not a single popular website uses a light on dark color scheme.

It feels like you missed my mail where I had replied to both of those
statements already, copy follows: