On Tuesday, May 03, 2016 10:03:03 PM Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> As cost-metric I would suggest using full-time person-weeks. Reasons:
>
> - We have money for ~20 of these. That’s a number we can easily handle.
> - Cost is very different from salary (by roughly factor 2). Time isn’t.

Our funding campaign's target of $27500 was specifically calculated to be as
much as I would cost in total for 1 whole 52-week year, not just 20 weeks.
The calculation also included the fact that I've finished my studies meanwhile
and thus now would have more time for working.

We got $28962 in total, so with regards to me as a potential candidate, you
can calculate with 1 year indeed. The remaining $ 1462 are a reasonable buffer
for server costs etc.

Matthew would deserve to cost us more, but he today said on IRC he's not
available with the current funding level. He sounded like he wants to wait
until the project has a lot more financial safety to offer. CCing to him so he
can validate whether I properly summarized his statements.
(I would thus also like to continue fundraising efforts immediately: He'll do
something else for 1 year, and then do his master's thesis, so we have some
time to acquire funds for him.)

--
hopstolive  (keyword for Ians spam filter)