Arne Babenhauserheide writes:

> x...@freenetproject.org writes:
>
>> On Tuesday, May 03, 2016 10:03:03 PM Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
>>> As cost-metric I would suggest using full-time person-weeks. Reasons:
>>>
>>> - We have money for ~20 of these. That’s a number we can easily handle.
>>> - Cost is very different from salary (by roughly factor 2). Time isn’t.
>>
>> Our funding campaign's target of $27500 was specifically calculated to be as
>> much as I would cost in total for 1 whole 52-week year, not just 20 weeks.
>> The calculation also included the fact that I've finished my studies
>> meanwhile
>> and thus now would have more time for working.
>
> Note the “full-time”.
>
> Your cost estimate is for part-time, or you’re ignoring taxes and such.

I’ll do the full-cost calculation:

Starting point:
http://www.brutto-netto-rechner.info/gehalt/gehaltsrechner-arbeitgeber.php

28k$ are 24357€.

With 1700€ per month gross income per month you get a full-cost of
24,378.62€ per year und u .

With 1,199.76€ net income per month, or 14,397.10€ per year.

You divide that by the number of productive hours per year:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stundenverrechnungssatz#Ermittlung_der_produktiven_Stunden
(the value is unreferenced, but pretty close to what I calculated)

For a 40 hour week, that’s 1664 hours.

That gives you 8.65€ per hour, which is just barely above the german
minimum wage of 8.50€ per hour.

--
Unpolitisch sein
heißt politisch sein