On 9/14/05, Matthew Toseland <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 01:29:13PM -0400, S M wrote:
> > *More support / communication for developers of applications for
> Freenet. As
> > jrandom said about I2P/IP/TCP: "I2P by itself is pretty useless, but in
> the
> > way IP by itself is pretty useless - who cares whether you can send
> packets
> > on the internet if you don't have good applications to send them with? "
> > Freenet is ok, but as much support as is possible should be given to
> people
> > interesting in making applications that work with Freenet. You'll have
> > talk to the developers of these applications to see what their needs
> are,
> > many are coming back so it can be a good time to ask them.
>
> I'd like to talk to them. I am told that there is much going on on the
> Frost boards, and we have seen some new apps e.g. pm4pigs, but people
> seem to avoid talking directly to us for some reason.. probably this
> would be helped by working freemail integrated into the lists, some sort
> of CVS replacement that works over freenet, etc.

If there was a freemail and CVS over Freenet that would be good. Anonymous
email (freemail) might be a killer application, like hushmail but even
better security.

As for Frost not being included because of 'political' reasons, umm...ok.

To the general users: It should be easy enough to 'route around' this kind
of crapola by having someone just make a package of Freenet applications
that many people would probably use (like an XAMPP package but instead of
PHP / MYSQL its Freenet stuff). Who ever is good with installers, this is
your calling <wink>. The 'someone' to do this could be me since the
applications generally do not seem to be being updated with much frequency
on Freenet if someone wants to help with the installer and making sure
everything compiles correctly.

SM