On 5/22/07, Matthew Toseland <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> What you propose is a workaround for the fact that the current load balancing
> sucks, which would only be of value to nodes which have exceptionally fast
> internet connections. It is therefore not of any importance IMHO.

That was the whole point, to allow those with faster connections to be
able to use them. Eg the 1Mb connection I could use to setup a fast
link in agreement with another peer. But nexgens tell's me this wont
help because of the way the code works. I admit I am biased because my
propagation seems woefully slow as I dont have any darknet links (only
freenet links) yet. I wanted to compensate for this by setting up
faster links with someone on the darknet to assist in propagating data
but I am told it wont help. Its frustrating though when you have
10Mbit down, 1Mbit up and you are transmitting into freenet at 10K/s.

Jarvil aka rtfmoz