On Monday 19 May 2008 18:02, Julien Cornuwel wrote:
> Matthew Toseland a ?crit :
>
> > Thoughts? IMHO backups are an important feature, and they'd probably have
> > be hot backups for our usage... but then, not corrupting on running out of
> > disk space is important too!
>
> I just rewrote the WoT plugin to use db4o and I must say I like it. My
> code is much cleaner and I can focus on my classes without worrying
> about the database schema. Because requests are a must-have for my use,
> I don't think I can use perst :/
>
> If you choose to use Perst, do you think it would be possible to keep
> db4o in freenet-ext.jar ?

Most likely we will be using db4o for Freenet itself. You will be able to
create a separate database for your plugin.

Nextgens tells me that you are having problems with the plugin API - please
let me know if you need any help.

I assume that the comment about Perst is because of the current bug (which I
was only made aware of 5 minutes ago) that two plugins cannot both include
the same third party code because the static classes will clash? The best
solution to that is plugin dependancies, which should be made a somewhat
higher priority than they have been so far. Please let me know if you have
any immediate need for this.

Thanks.