On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Matthew Toseland
<toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Another worry with db4o: a lot of configuration needs to be done on the Db4o
> object, before creating the ObjectContainer. Once we have "untrusted
> plugins", we will need to provide an indirection layer for plugins to call
> the config settings they need, e.g. creating indexes, while not breaking the
> node (so we will need to limit what classes etc they can access), before
> creating an ObjectContainer. We will also have to prevent untrusted plugins
> from accessing the static methods on Db4o. This is however a common problem
> for untrusted plugins: We don't have much in the way of static methods in our
> code, but e.g. the java service wrapper has plenty.
>
> So it's not a showstopper, just something to be careful of.

I think as time goes on, untrusted plugins are going to be a world of
pain, not just related to db4o, but generally :-/  Sandboxing, while
providing the functionality they will need will be non-trivial, and
whenever we modify the architecture its going to add a whole new
dimension of potential trouble.

Ian.

Email: ian at uprizer.com
Cell: +1 512 422 3588