On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Ximin Luo <infinity0 at gmx.com> wrote:

> On 11/03/12 23:11, Matthew Toseland wrote:
> > On Sunday 11 Mar 2012 22:07:08 Nicolas Hernandez wrote:
> >> Hello,

Hi,

> >> after lots of internal fights the choice is made. Let's go for GWT.
> >
> > This will cost us a large proportion of our core userbase. Alienating
> your core users is a cardinal sin.
> >

> This prophecy is a little unrealistic,

prophecy + unrealistic is already a critic :-)

I 'am' an old Java programmer, my experts are advanced java programmers,
and when we are coding with GWT, we produce GWT. .... it looks real  for
me. I am not a commiter, just a coder nothing prophetic for freenet. If our
efforts to share code with Freenet community does'nt work, it would not be
a technical problem for us, it would just be an ideological reframing.

> let's see what the end result actually
> is before criticising it.
>
> Nicolas - can you describe your reasoning behind your decision? Why not
> e.g.
> Apache Wicket?

I have send en email about that. I can fill the decision matrix for you if
you really needs.
- Minimalist ui tools
- poor production capacity in iterative mode,
- developpers knowledge of Wicket,
- capacity of using multiple UI with and without js (Lnyx, Web 2.0,
Android, ...)

are unfavorable  compare to GWT

We likes the concepts of Wicket, but in the case of a road to 0.8, GWT
looks - for us - the less worst choice. 6 monthes to produce the entire UI
is not impossible. With wickets i can't produce someting usable in 6 monthes

Nicolas