On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Florent Daigniere <
nextgens at freenetproject.org> wrote:

>  > 3. "kick-ass design" is not a goal
>
> I've never said it is either. What I was doing is reminding Ian (sanity)
> what
> his points and arguments have been over the years.

How kind of you, my memory is getting a little rusty in my old age.

> He's the one who has been pushing for a rewrite of fproxy and as far as I
>  understood, his train of thought so far has been the following:
> - the design of the current interface sucks
> => we need to do something about it as it repels users
> - good coders are bad designers...
> - good designers are not coders...

No, but the overlapping set of good coders that are also good designers is *
extremely* small - I can count those I've met on one hand (actually my wife
is one of them - but she thinks you're all too grouchy for her to work on
Freenet's UI :-( ).

> => we need a templating engine both can use and work with
> - designers don't know nor use any templating engines

I never said that, I've worked with many designers that have worked with
templating engines.

> => we need plain HTML so that designers can keep on using their favourite
> Adobe tool

As I mentioned in my last email, I think it's been almost a decade since I
worked with a designer that wasn't comfortable working with HTML and CSS
directly.

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke