On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2013, at 10:21 AM, "Guillaume \"Louis-Marie\" Delhumeau" <
> gdelhum...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>
> > +1, I like this idea.
> >
> > Anyone else?
>
> The only downside is that it's not very logical with the rest of the menus
> which use the format: "<prefix>:<name>".
> For example: "Space: <spacename>" or "Page: <pagename>".

This is precisely the point, some have custom names and may exists many
times, but there is only one home !
Having "Wiki: xwiki" does not make any sense on single wiki setup, only
spaces of pages make sense.
And later, you may add named wikis (subwikis) that helps you group and
isolate spaces of pages without losing or having the impression of creating
that home.

> If we were to remove "Space:" and "Page:" prefixes then I'd be +1. Right
> now I'm more +0.
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent
>
> > 2013/9/18 Denis Gervalle <d...@softec.lu>
> >
> >> Looking at the screenshots, I was wondering if we shouldn't use the same
> >> "HOME" label for the single wiki case, since the wiki name has no real
> >> meaning, and it could became the home of a workspace environment, or of
> >> multiwiki farm. This would make it more consistent over time, than
> having
> >> the "Wiki: xwiki" changing to "HOME" when a subwiki is created. I am
> only
> >> talking about the menu label here, not the content.
> >>
> >> WDYT ?

> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/PortalMenuinstead
> .

> >> and