Magda,

Good to hear about your research interests.  At the risk of being
self-promoting, you may want to have a look at my two most recent
books, one on laptop programs in school (Laptops and Literacy) and
one on approaches to attacking the digital divide (Technology and
Social Inclusion).

I personally am very interested in the way that social context shapes
the use of technology in learning.  In that sense, I think some kind
of comparative or multi-site case study that looks that the
implementation of an OLPC project in 2+ sites or countries could be
very interesting.  Issues in this kind of study to look at could
include how national or local educational policy, social context of
instruction, teacher background and beliefs, educational goals,
student characteristics, etc. shape how the implementation, teaching
and learning processes, and outcomes in diverse contexts.

I received a recent small grant to investigate an OLPC site in
Mexico.  A graduate student of mine is working on it and the study is
in early planning (if anyone has any suggestions of contacts in
Mexico regarding laptop-intensive education there, let me know.)
Mark

--
Mark Warschauer
Professor of Education and Informatics