On Friday, 4 May 2012 at 14:48:04 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I don't see it working that way. If I click on etc.c.sqlite3 for example, it doesn't collapse std.

Essentially, what I mean is, I should only see the parents, immediate children, and siblings of the currently selected item in the tree *by default*, and then let the user expand if he's interested in more. I only suggest this for the module, though.

For example, std.datetime has a huge tree, but everything is expanded fully. If all the top-level items are collapsed, then I don't have to go as far to navigate for something.

Right, I didn't notice that problem, but it is indeed glaringly obvious with std.datetime. Will fix that, thanks!

packages that a module is in. For example, etc.c.sqlite3 is in packages etc and c. If we make those breadcrumbs instead of part of a large tree, it can get around your worry about whitespace, because they don't need separate indentation.

That's a great idea, but where in the tree would it appear? What would happen to the rest of the modules, should they be indented like they are now? Wouldn't that look a little weird?