On Monday, 4 January 2021 at 13:47:17 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
An alias is a short hand. If it is possible to discriminate by the alias and the actual object then that it a semantic problem.

Typo: "discriminate between". An alias should be indistinguishable from the object, you are only naming something. You should be able to use whatever names you fancy without that having semantic implications, that's the core PL design principle.

(The stupid example that didn't work out was just me forgetting that I had played around with in higher kinded template parameters in run.dlang.io, I thought it was the code above... forgot. :-)