On Thursday, 13 December 2012 at 20:04:50 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
I think it's good.

But personally I'd expect:

* master to be what you define as dev, because e.g. GitHub puts master as default target branch when making pull requests. Yeah, I know it's their quirk that it's easy to miss. Still leaving less burden to check the branch label for both reviewers and pull authors is a net gain.

* And what you describe as master (it's a snapshot or a pre-release to me) to be named e.g. staging.

And we can as well drop the dead branch 'dev' then.

That sound also like a good plan to me.