On Monday, 15 July 2013 at 19:54:54 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Given how enormously popular Twitter is for breaking news and announcements, I think you're wrong about that.

I have just check web pages for several popular programming languages and have found zero using twitter instead of a news feed. Popular? Applying general statistics (internet users) to an extremely narrow specialized group of people (programming language consumers) is not going to work.

Also it ties important information channel to an external closed
service which is never good for the reputation.

It is a service that belongs to specific corporation and is completely controlled by one providing no means for federation and/or self-hosting. Random move from Twitter and D web site can loose its only news feed. Outsourcing primary infrastructure does not smell good.

A large number of improvements have been made by someone showing enough interest to actually drive forward the changes needed to support their interest. For example, Brad Roberts and Bugzilla. Vladimir and the D forum software. Etc.

Which mostly highlights how awesome some members of D community are :) But why not lower entry barrier? By the way, I have already asked a question in that regard - if someone comes up with a more dynamic web site implementation which is still based on D stack, will it be accepted?