On 07/17/2013 05:22 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:> On 2013-07-17 09:46, Chad Joan wrote:

Ddoc isn't hard to use, it's too limited in what it can do. What is hard is everything around it, like building and so on, as you mentioned. With a big web development framework, like Rails, it's well documented.

Since ddoc is used for documentation, then I think it should be made as easy to build as possible. This seems like a packaging issue. I'm usually more concerned with documentation fixup myself, and documentation fixup is a pain in the butt if the build process isn't "run command X, then open your browser to Y".

I certainly don't think ddoc should be use for web development. I would never create a site with ddoc. It's too limited in what it can do.

Reasonable enough.  I easily can see how this would be the case.

I still hope that the D site will be mostly static. I can see use cases in some exceptions (like user comments on various things, and maybe news pulling), but I feel like those should load as close to static as possible, and otherwise not block the experience if I happen to have adblock/noscript/etcetc all running at full burn. I think our forum software is a good example of Doing It Right.