On Thursday, 26 September 2013 at 06:59:05 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-09-25 18:14, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

But this is all for development-time usage. To have the same tool try to be an executable installation manager is another thing entirely and, in my opinion quite ill-suited for dub (see related OP). Where did this
idea even come from??

If dub doesn't install packages, why the h*ll should I use it in the first place? I can just use the system package manager.

Install packages: yes, but locally, primarily for dub/development use. Not system-level library installations for end-users.

I think when people are talking about not wanting it to install things they are talking about the latter, not the former.