On Thursday, 26 September 2013 at 06:59:05 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-09-25 18:14, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

But this is all for development-time usage. To have the same tool try to be an executable installation manager is another thing entirely and, in my opinion quite ill-suited for dub (see related OP). Where did this
idea even come from??

If dub doesn't install packages, why the h*ll should I use it in the first place? I can just use the system package manager.

Good look getting all those small trivial libraries into official repositories. Actually, some distros even prohibit pure source packages at all.

You should install it because you are tired of satisfying build dependencies manually and it is a bit more robust than git submodules. Pretty much all.