On Thursday, 26 September 2013 at 10:18:07 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Thursday, 26 September 2013 at 06:59:05 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-09-25 18:14, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

Install packages: yes, but locally, primarily for dub/development use. Not system-level library installations for end-users.

I think when people are talking about not wanting it to install things they are talking about the latter, not the former.

I feel that, in order for this behaviour to be truly local to the compiler and OS-independent, that the interface between the compiler and dub is required, to inform the former about the existence of these packages.

Currently, this is a compiler-by-compiler approach but, if standardized, it will kinda go into language/compiler specs.