On 12/3/13, 2:08 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 14:26:07 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
[snip]
I am working on a MacMini running OS X v10.9. I have Ubuntu 13.10
Server loaded in VirtualBox and will be using Jordi Sayol's script to
build packages for linux/Windows and Jacob Carlborg script for OSX.

Please use windows/dinstaller.nsi for creating the installer on
Windows.  linux/win/installer.nsi has some missing features and an issue
with deleting the entire directory tree as part of a uninstallation
pre-step that has caused problems for some people. I'm going to try to
merge these two files to pick up some of the useful features Jordi has
added but for the time being dinstaller.nsi is the proper one to use.

Ok, got you. One question, does dinstaller.nsi work on linux/osx? If not I will need your assistance to prepare the package until such time as I can obtain an image for VirtualBox.

Both of these scripts require an preexisting release zip and as of
this moment

dinstaller.nsi defaults to a web-installer (it downloads dmd2.zip and
others itself). As such, it doesn't require the dmd zip to be present in
order to create the installer executable. It can optionally embed the
zip in the installer but that hasn't been how it's been used historically.

Which is basically a staged zip file and the same problem as stated. If the zip file doesn't exist locally or on the web site, then these tools do not work.

If you open up dinstaller.nsi it should be fairly obvious how it all
works with regard to updating it for a new release. Just change the
version number at the top of the file and ensure the url to the dmd zip
a bit further down is correct.

Understood.

Have you arranged with Walter or Brad Roberts to get access to upload to
the download server? I think the build master having the ability to do
uploads is vital.

I have not. Did for the GitHub repository but forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

, I am unaware of the steps to create that file.

I believe Nick's release tool can generate the release zip properly.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/installer/pull/24 I really
recommend looking at it. He spent a lot of time perfecting it.

Will try it but I thought it was platform specific. Meaning, I thought it created a OSX specific archive if ran on OSX and so on.

I will need some instructions on how to access and run the auto tester
if that's what generates the zip or, if it's already automatically
created, instructions on how to retrieve and stage it for the build.

Historically, Walter has created the release zips (just using the
makefile, I believe). As far as I know, work hasn't begun on getting the
autotester to roll releases.

That will be great when it's completed.

I will be setting up a tag on github today for the first beta release
of 2.065 (2.065-b1).

Request your corporation/support in ensuring a smooth process.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions or problems with the
Windows installer script.

Thanks.

Andrew