On Thursday, 5 December 2013 at 07:58:10 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
* Not a single person need to have all different platforms to create a release

We'll need to move to building linux distribution specific build to fix issues with shared library dependencies, so it's even more platforms.

* We don't need to rely on someone else to build packages for a given platform. He/she may be away for a few days and suddenly we can't get a release for a given platform

Automation is definitely a good solution.

* It's reproducible. We're creating the release on the same machines every time

I think a good solution would be to prepare clean virtualbox images that are used for building.