On Wednesday, 11 December 2013 at 19:45:25 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
I thought we'd enjoy a bit of reminiscing of the past year and talk about our plans for the future, whether it's something personal or D-related that anyone is willing to publicly talk about. It should be
a fun topic, or so I hope! :) So let me begin..

Well this is a hard one.

I lost a great girlfriend (not unforeseeable, she's Japanese (I'm not)). Interviews didn't end in a job offer. And I was the Best Man at my friends wedding (oh, wait, I think that was a good thing).

I continue to start projects which I know I'll probably not finish, and only gradually improving the others I've started.

It isn't all bad, I did start blogging about my adventures (I still need to get use to telling people what I'm doing, now that I'm on Planet D I'm scared to tag something D that may only vaguely relate). In general things are good, just nothing big to point to.

2014

I'm looking at submitting a talk about LuaD. I know I can do a good job, I just need to dedicate time to it instead of reading reddit, playing games, and watching movies (obviously D newsgroups get to stay).

My new project manager is actually willing to put my programming knowledge to use. Though it sounds like I'll have to do some translation from D to C#. There is quit a bit of opportunity here.

Along with LuaD stuff I hope to get more teaching material written for D. I think I'll have to re-evaluate my choice to only make useful examples and at least start with examples which demonstrate an idea.

I'm also highly considering making it out to Dconf2014. I don't usually like spending lots of money, but I no longer expect to be flying out to Japan and this should be totally worth it.