On Friday, 13 December 2013 at 14:48:13 UTC, Manu wrote:
On 13 December 2013 23:06, Rikki Cattermole <alphaglosi...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, 13 December 2013 at 12:37:21 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:

Hi, I am experienced C++ programmer, recently switched to indie gamedev (1 title released commercially, another on the way). I am really interested
in this for 2 reasons:
1) a chance to work with someone of your experience
2) as soon as it is possible (that would be D working on iOS) I would like to do a transition from C++ to D in our projects so new experience in
D (and in the industry) is just perfect

Please consider me!

From the sounds of it, it'll be a community project so no worries, just
join in.
Have a talk with the GDC compiler guys about helping with ARM support and
getting on iOS. They could definitely use the help!
Although from my knowledge there probably will be issues with tool chain
not verified by Apple.

One step at a time :)
It doesn't need to be released on the appstore, a running proof of concept
would be a nice first step.
Probably easier to start on Android though, and perhaps even more relevant
these days.

As a indie I can tell you that Android is ridiculously hard (or impossible) to make a living on... Google made it so easy to install apps that piracy is a norm. Apple has its flaws (Xcode was a horrible horrible thing before very recently when they switched to clang) but there is a chance to get your investment back at least.