On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:39:40 -0800
"H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d" <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 09:30:59PM +0200, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 19:04:36 +0000
> > Piotrek via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

> > > Can I ask why? Seriosly. If I may know what you care for.
> > there are several reasons. two main are:
> >
> > 1. i don't like the modern attitude "githib or GTFO". it's not about
> > collaborating anymore, it's like "hey, we built this fancy social
> > network (and managed to turn git into centralized system by the way),
> > so get social! yes, our bugtracker sux, our wiki sux and such, but
> > this is nothing compared to be social!" i hate that.
>
> If you put your git repo online somewhere, I wouldn't mind pulling from
> it and pushing to Phobos as PRs. It's much more convenient than
> downloading patches off bugzilla. (Git was designed to be used this way
> in the first place!)

sadly, i'm maintaining my patchset in the form of .patch files. git is
great for continuous integration, but i routinely build DMD with some
patches disabled, and maintaining that set with git is cumbersome.
that's why i chose to attach patches to bugzilla.

once i started to converting that to vibe.d site where user can mark
the patches he want and get either combined .patch file or special git
branch with that patches applied, but i lost interest in doing this. as
we abandoned idea of using D as our main developement language, i have
no motivation to learn vibe.d further, as doing web/network projects is
not my area of interest.