On Wednesday, 17 December 2014 at 17:50:24 UTC, Nick Treleaven wrote:
On 15/12/2014 19:39, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
If you put your git repo online somewhere, I wouldn't mind pulling from
it and pushing to Phobos as PRs. It's much more convenient than
downloading patches off bugzilla. (Git was designed to be used this way
in the first place!)

+1, it really would be much more attractive than patches. That way we can see the code easily in a browser, the developer can split work into commits, the reviewer(s) can easily fetch it. Submitters need to make it easy to start reviewing their code (especially if they don't want to use github). Patches are much harder to apply after time has passed - a git branch can be rebased, clearly showing each conflict encountered.

This is pretty much it. If you don't want to use GitHub you need to provide an alternative way of time-efficient code review. I remember checking few ketmar patches attached in bugzilla before with an intent to resubmit those to GitHub but after seeing no tests included and several style / implementation issues I have decided to simply not bother with it.