On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 20:59:10 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2015-01-27 19:10, Jonathan Marler wrote:
Would people want and use a website that tracks who's working on what in the D Programming Language? People would go to the site and be able to find out what's being worked on, what's not being worked on, who's working on what, what bugs are being worked on. People will have to use the site and submit what they are working on though. I'd be willing to
write such a site if people think it would be useful.

I would assume you mean something not just for the D core project but for the whole D community. Like, is someone working on a GUI library, who is working on database adapters, and so on.

I wasn't going to explore this anymore but since you asked :) Yes it would apply to the whole D community. I jotted down some notes to summarize some of my initial thoughts on the features it could provide...here they are:

Problems mapped to Features
-------------------------------------
Problem: Knowing what people want.
Features: "Priority Points"

Problem: Knowing what the leadership wants.
Features: "Priority Points" and "Follow Developers"

Problem: Knowing what isn't being worked on.
Features: "Job Managment"

Problem: Getting the status of a job
Features: "Job Managment"

Problem: Asking leadership what to work on
Features: "Messages"

Problem: Notification of work being done
Features: "Messages"

Features
-------------------------------------

* Job Management

  Tracks what people are working on.

* Priority Points

Everyone can distribute their 100 priority points to the features they want. It's important that everyone get's 100 points. It allows a person to realize that if they want a feature done, it is going to take resources away from other features.

* Follow Developers

   their actions show up in your feed
   their priority points for each issue are shown first

* Messages

   send messages to developers
get notifications of activity, when work is done, if a PR needs to be reviewd

* Timeline

  can add dev time estimates

* ranking??
* track who's looking at what (if someone clicks on a link, it tracks that the link was clicked)
* add dependencies between jobs
* link a job to a PR