On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 at 14:57:35 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
You have deadlines or you miss frames in graphics, you have deadlines in audio, you have memory subsystem requirements that are similar, you also want to tap into the coprocessor (which we now think of as GPU) for all kinds of application areas: 3D sculpting, photo editors, audio workstations, photon based tracers, real time ray tracers, 3D scan browsers… I don't think shooters are all that special.

And there are tasks which benefit from being written in assembler. What's your point? And what the topic was about? Maybe I didn't understand it well? And what missed frames have to do with audio workstations and photo editors?

I think basically any interactive desktop application that you cannot do easily in Java is a candidate that could benefit from the same feature set.

Like minecraft?