On Mon, 2015-10-05 at 14:21 -0400, Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d
wrote:

[…]
> GNOME3? I'm surprised to hear that. My (perhaps inaccurate)
> understanding was that it landed with quite a thud and alienated a
> lot
> of its userbase (and even many of it's developers), moreso than the
> early days of KDE4 did. And I've never personally known anyone who
> did
> use GNOME3 (to my knowledge), so I figured it had become very much
> fringe.

Your understanding is indeed inaccurate. Yes there was a huge kerfuffle
when the GNOME2 → GNOME3 thing happened. Many very vocal people
screamed that the GNOME people were a bunch of w###### and all that
sort of stuff. Many GNOME2 users abandoned GNOME and rewrote GNOME2.
Many people though got over the marketing (and other) stupidity of the
GNOME developers, and actually tried the revolutionary GNOME3 and liked
it. I know I went to XFCE but couldn't make it work. Then when I
actually tried GNOME3 instead of just screaming about the revolution, I
found I really liked it.

This does not excuse some of the appalling behaviours of the GNOME
developers, some of which continue to happen. This is sad.

> […]
> Wait, is there a distinction between "wx" and "wxWidgets"?

No, just bad phrasing on my part.

And wxWidgets is the old wxWindows.

--
Russel.