On 2015-12-17 12:45, Walter Bright wrote:

You're not one of the people I was referring to, since you do help.

So do it for those who do help and not for those how don't ;)

Your issue with Ddoc is that the latex pdf generator you used was
broken? Latex meets your critera as being very widely used. Use another
pdf generator. Nobody has chained you to Latex.

I could care less about generating a PDF. But apparently someone cared and added it to the process of building dlang.org. So if you're willing to remove that or replace Latex with something else, please go ahead.

Jacob, I've adapted several books for Ddoc on their way to being Kindle
ebooks. Ddoc works fine for the formatting. The WORK is simply not the
formatting, it's the text creation/editting. If you're spending the bulk
of your time fiddling with Ddoc rather than text creation, I suspect
you've gone off the rails somewhere.

Well, see for yourself [1]. None of the comments are related to the content. The content is the easy part.

[1] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1039

--
/Jacob Carlborg