On Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 15:55:14 UTC, Wulfklaue wrote:
The issue of D is not the pure language but this strange over focus on being the next C++ replacement that nobody is asking for! There are already a lot of other languages that can do C++ things, namely C++!

Once upon a time D claimed to be a cleaned up and more convenient C++ style language, but I don't think it moved in that direction after the onset. So I don't view it as a C++ replacement, but more like an enthusiast language that more people toy with than use in production. If D actually moved to take on C++ then that would be sensible strategy, but at this point there is just too much baggage and C++ is now much more of a moving target than it was 10 years ago. So, D cannot assume that goal, as C++ is moving faster than D at the moment...

There are just too much things where D is lacking but people there is simply a lack of flow.

Well, you have to match ambitions to the resources. I think Go made the right decision there, to scale the language to something they could get to relatively stable in a reasonable amount of time, then work on the runtime. Not sexy, but useful.

And the end result became, i gave up on D. Switch to the freaking old Pascal language and got more stuff done in a few days time, then the semi-months with D. How strange it may sound.

Why Pascal, and not one of the more contemporary languages?