On Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 22:18:37 UTC, kinke wrote:
My point was improving vs. complaining. Both take some analysis to figure out an issue, but then some people step up and try to help improving things and some just let out their frustration, wondering why noone has been working on that particular oh-so-obvious thing, and possibly drop out, like all the like-minded guys before them.

Yeah, providing details about what failed so that others can improve on it if they want to is of course a sensible thing to do, but I think most of such "complaints" could be avoided by being up-front explicit about what a tool does well and what it doesn't do well.

If I use a product and it breaks in an unexpected way I assume that not only that part is broken but that a lot of other parts are broken as well, i.e. I would assume it was alpha quality. And then the provider would be better off by marking it as such.