On Friday, 21 September 2018 at 02:44:57 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
2. He created a standard (and presumably mandatory) build tool to go along with his language, but is avoiding *calling* it a build tool...even though it's clearly just a build tool that happens to be built into the compiler.

3. You can embed your buildscript into one of your project's existing source files, instead of putting it in a dedicated buildscript file.

I understand that the build tool is the compiler itself, presumably providing some functions/hooks for the build script, which is part of program itself written in the language itself. It seems to me that this approach is superior to the usual build systems in many ways: complete control of the build, no external program/lib needed apart from compiler, no other language to learn.

Note that the build can be done at compile time because the metaprogramming capabilities of the language are not limited in terms of system calls.