On Friday, 21 September 2018 at 05:39:35 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Friday, 21 September 2018 at 05:11:32 UTC, mate wrote:
Note that the build can be done at compile time because the metaprogramming capabilities of the language are not limited in terms of system calls.

Good luck bisecting that code base when any version of it did anything even mildly specific to the author's PC.

Indeed. I am actually not sure if there really are no limitations to Jai’s CTFE, in its current state. There are probably facilities in the stdlib to avoid the need for doing system specific things; also the build instructions would hopefully be contained in some function/file either by convention or as required by the compiler, limiting the scope of build debugging.

Moreover, I got the feeling that the language is geared towards “good programmers” and is less concerned by mistakes happening because the author did something stupid.