"BCS" <n...@anon.com> wrote in message
news:a6268ff1b9ca8cd1c2c66c86...@news.digitalmars.com...
> Hello Nick,
>
>> "BCS" <n...@anon.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hello Nick,

>>> My point was that space (volume) is not what limits how much space
>>> (GB) a phone has.
>>>
>> And my link dispelled that myth. Try putting 200GB+ into a MicroSD
>> form factor at the cost of a 2.5" HDD. Yea, eventually that'll happen,
>> but by then I could get a HDD many times bigger than that for the same
>> price.
>>

> I wouldn't. I'd put it in a package about 4-5 times as big and mount it on
> the PC board. Besides, what the heck do you need more than about 32GB for
> on a phone? If you need to shoot that much video, get a real camera!

Like I said, there's two kinds of "phones": "phone" phones, and PDA
"phones". For the former, I *still* agree with you. For the latter: If I
were going to blow the money on a "smartphone" (as they're calling them now)
or on some sort of iPad-like device (which is the other thing I've been
talking about), I would expect it to replace a dedicated camera and a
dedicated portable music player. And they can easily do so just by slapping
a HDD in there. (BTW, by current music player, which also does video - a
feature I rather like is 40GB and I find it uncomfortably tight. Plus, with
that tightness, I can't really use it as an external HDD, which I used to
do, and found very helpful.) I'm not interested in toting around twenty
different gadgets. There can be only one!