Hello Nick,

"domino" <eff...@sitemine.org> wrote in message
news:i666vt$158...@digitalmars.com...

Walter Bright Wrote:

domino wrote:

Ordinary man cannot have 5 TB of data because ALL standard
movie/audio CD/DVD/Bluray/HD-DVD discs have DRM copy protection.

CDs are not copy protected.

False.

I have 10--20 discs with cactus data protection. Two with sony bmg
rootkit protection system. And several with mediamax protection. At
least the cactus shit is annoying. They corrupted the audio on
purpose and it's audible even with a legal authentic cd audio player.
If you place these discs in a standard PC cd/dvd drive, it just spins
and spins and spins and spins and the OS either hangs or refuses to
open the cd tray. I'm 100% sure you are not allowed to break these.

The vast majority of CDs don't have that. I have approx 250 commercial
audio CDs, and not a single one of them has any DRM. And if I did want
something that only came on a DRMed CD, I'd just say "Fuck you Sony"
and pirate it.

I'd buy the disk, put it on the shelf and let it collect dust with the rest and download the tracks I really care about.
--
... <IXOYE><