On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:07:44 -0500, Mike Wey <mike-...@example.com> wrote:

On 11/20/2011 04:02 AM, dsimcha wrote:
* Streams. (Another item where the bottleneck is mostly at the design
level and people not really knowing what they want.)

Steven Schveighoffer's new-stdio included a nice stream interface.
I don't know what the current state of the module is.

I'm slowly working on it. I've had very little time these last few months to work on any extraneous projects.

However, I know the direction this needs to move, and the work is straightforward. When I get something worth sharing, I'll share it.

Sorry I couldn't be more forthcoming. If you follow my github account, you should see the new-io branch start to get new commits in the near future. I really need to get working on this, before too much is built on top of the existing std.stdio. The new stream interface should be a boon to most libraries (such as std.xml).

-Steve