On 11/23/2011 11:20 AM, Manu wrote:
> Oh wow, awesome! :) I'm always surprised by the state of the D
> libraries.. There's already lots of awesome obscure things are in
> there, but also completely obvious major features blatantly missing
> :)
>
> So how about a DCT? Image/video processing... Perhaps a simple
> adaptation of FFT?

I'm currently working on getting as many bindings into Deimos that I can.
Mostly interesting things like ZeroMQ, I also have a good Binding for
CZMQ that needs to get into Deimos.  If you wanted something
higher-level than ZeroMQ, the project is here:
https://github.com/1100110/CZMQ

If you want me to consider working on a specific binding to a C
library, just drop me an email or something.
The small ones like ZeroMQ can be done in a few hours or so.  A little
longer to test properly.

I'd rather work on something that I know will be used, than my little
pet projects which will probably not be used for awhile.
> And it's not clear to me at all whether that class will work with
> fixed point data... That's extremely important for a class like
> this (but granted, not really in line with D's take on numeric
> precision). Almost all audio and video data is in fixed point.
> Int->float conversion is very expensive on many platforms.
>
> On 23 November 2011 17:34, Martin Nowak <d...@dawgfoto.de> wrote:
>
>> *Crypto *- +1 as mentioned above, blocked on streams...
>>>
>>> *Higher level maths/signal processing *- The linear algebra
>>> library
>>>
>>> mentioned in a previous post might be very useful, but also
>>> standard algorithms like fourier transforms. Library
>>> implementations of these would
>>>
>> http://www.d-programming-**language.org/phobos/std_**numeric.html#Fft<http://www.d-programming-language.org/phobos/std_numeric.html#Fft>

The performance is actually quite good. I'd only wish for a real to