On Thursday, 2 February 2012 at 04:38:49 UTC, Robert Jacques wrote:
An XML parser would probably want some kind of stack segment growth schedule, which, IIRC isn't supported by RegionAllocator.

I had considered putting that in RegionAllocator but I was skeptical of the benefit, at least assuming we're targeting PCs and not embedded devices. The default segment size is 4MB. Trying to make the initial size any smaller won't save much memory. Four megabytes is also big enough that new segments would be allocated so infrequently that the cost would be negligible. I concluded that the added complexity wasn't justified.